Saturday, April 20, 2013

be YOU tiful


I've been having a hard time focusing lately. I've been having a lot of fun, only a week ago I was in Arizona. But now what? My last race in a long season is approaching next weekend - then what? I feel as though I am in a perpetual state of, now what? 
Not terribly content. Not terribly confident. Just a little blah. 


So when exciting things do happen, like the recipe I created for Peanut Butter Pancakes and Pan Baked Bananas, I need to celebrate and savor the joy. 


It was pretty easy to savor these bananas. 


They were even tastier on top of these pancakes. 

Peanut Butter Pancakes with Bananas

2 eggs 
1 tablespoon coconut four
2 tablespoons PB2
1/8 tsp baking powder 
1 banana
2 tsp coconut oil 

Mix first four ingredients together. (I used magic bullet). Let stand a few minutes. Heat a pan over low heat. Add coconut oil. Divide pancake batter into two pancakes. When bubbles form its time to flip! 

While pancakes are baking, in another pan heat coconut oil and add sliced banana. Heat until browned and caramelized. If you want you can add agave syrup - but bananas have a lot of natural sugars, and over low heat will become sticky and a syrup will form. 

Serve pancakes with bananas on top. 

Savor them. Go ahead, do it. 

I savored myself some savory pancakes for dinner last night: 



Coconut pancake with chicken, spinach and avocado. Baked sweet potato fries and sweet peppers rounded out the plate. Protein and vitamin packed goodness. 

Not only have I been savoring yummy foods, but I've also been savoring some yummy smells this evening. 



Sometimes a girl needs to treat herself. #feelbeautiful 

be*YOU*tiful 



xoxo Sweat&Sparkle 

No comments:

Post a Comment