Friday, April 5, 2013

Flip Turns and Mermaid Tails



And when that fails, get a good friend to drag you to the pool! 


What motivated me to be outside of Jet City at 5:35 in the morning you ask? The promise of a real coach! 


Oh yeah, and post- swim treats don't hurt either. 



Thursday's swim was the best. It was my first swim in the 2 1/2 weeks since the 70.3. Hopped in the pool certain I was going to suck. Immediately my first few laps felt good. Better than good. I felt like I was kicking some major a**. Each stroke felt like it had good connection. Free speed was everywhere! Don't worry, that didn't last long. As the coach had me trying out different things, I quickly lost the easy, free speed and had to fight for each meter. Then, with his advice and trying different things, I was able to get the connection back towards the end of hard sets. Which was the goal - to get really tired and then settle into an efficient stroke. I left practice giddy, chatty and excited! 



Not just because these tasty treats were waiting for me (gluten free paleo scone, gluten free chocolate cake and an americano!), but also because it was seriously the best swim since beginning this whole triathlon shenanigan business!




xoxo Sweat&Sparkle 






No comments:

Post a Comment