Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Make the Days Count

Oh hey blogosphere! 

The last two weeks have been jam packed - I stepped off the plane after the 70.3 and right into my scrubs and a few hours of clinic with my favorite clients. Then a close friend of mine from Portland strode into my apartment because she was visiting the Audiology Department at USF. No I'm not being dramatic, all of these things happened the same day. As soon as Stef left Wednesday, I packed up my entire life and moved to the other side of town. Class projects, birthdays and appointments have kept me tied up. Life is finally slowing down, and I'm finally getting time to process the last few months. This has meant many a mood swing and discomfort. 

I love my new roommates, but was discouraged when moving didn't automatically mean 24 hours of rainbows and sunshine. I've had the opportunity to talk to a lot of people I admire this week, and the consensus is that I've let people {who don't deserve it} steal my confidence. 



Physical, emotional and intellectual fatigue led to me letting other's insecurities bring me down. Clearly I'm not going to let that persist!


I have too many good things going for me to let anybody rain on my parade! 



So without further ado, I have some epic positive life memos to share with you! For the past ten months I have been flirting with Advocare. The only product I've been taking consistently is Spark, because I love the all day energy and clarity it gives me. My biggest complaints about my training honestly have nothing to do with sweating - they have everything to do with how I fuel. So I decided to solidify my relationship with Advocare by becoming an Advisor. This means I have a huge shipment of product coming to me this week. I have no excuses when it comes to nutrition now. I have access to world-class nutrition, and excited to use the products to maximize my training efforts. With this new role in the company, I now have more opportunities to share my experience with the products with you! If you'd like to know more about Advocare, my experience and its potential to help you reach your fitness goals - check out my personal page: 

Or drop me a line at glitterthetown@gmail.com 

                                                           

What else is going on these days you ask? Well, I leave for Collegiate Tri Nationals a week from tomorrow. I am anxious about my performance, as I have felt a bit burnt out since the 70.3, but I can't explain the personal victory this is for me. I might not be an elite triathlete, but it is so exciting for me to attend a national competition as an athlete. Yes, coxswains are athletes in their own way, but it's just not the same. I attended NCAA's in college as someone encouraging, supporting and navigating others towards their athletic victories. Now I am the one that gets to use her body to get across the finish line. It will be my sweat left on the course. Others will be cheering me on. If that isn't empowering I don't know what is. 


So if I haven't been focusing on training, what have I been doing? 







The best thing I've eaten over the past two weeks was this Cauliflower-topped Shepherd's Pie my roomie made last night! 


It was friggen delicious and you'll have to visit her at The Written Scrapbook to get the recipe! Go there. Do it now. You won't regret it. 

                                                           


Oh, ok you're back?

Well here is the rest of the photo dump I've been saving for you! 


Moving means new kitty friends! 



Yes, they seem to photo bomb their way into every picture I take! 



It was even cold enough last week to wear a jacket and a hat! Oh - and my hobo clutch was collateral damage in a fight between me, the pripri and a gallon of paint. Lucky for me this stunner was patiently waiting for me at Nordstrom Rack. You can take the girl out of the Pacific Northwest, but you can't take Nordstrom out of the girl! 


Dressed as Velma for my roommate's birthday adventure to Murder Mystery dinner. Took a lot of confidence to rock that outfit! 


I haven't only been eating, I really have gotten some sweating in too! 


A {pitch} perfect ending to our Easter Sunday! A fabulous group of people watching a hilarious movie. Did I mention how happy I am that I moved? 


I've even found some time to catch some of these south Florida rays! 


I have a few more announcements in the works, but until then, I am glad to be working on re-gaining and maintaining my confidence. I hoep to be more consistent on the blog, but if I'm not, know it's because I'm out there living my life and becoming the best possible version of myself. 


xoxo Sweat&Sparkle 

Questions for YOU: 


1. What are your current fitness goals? 
2. Where does your confidence come from? 
3. What is the best thing you ate this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment