Saturday, May 24, 2014

Never thought you'd see the day...





Well it's been a while blog-o-sphere. Have you missed me? 

I don't think I've posted since last August. Since then school and life have been giving me some serious butt-whoopings. Don't get me wrong, some very wonderful things have happened, but it's been a pretty tough 9 months. 




Suddenly, I find myself two months from graduation, with nothing to do! I have clinic twice a month. No classes. No thesis to do. Nothing but training. And training is going well, but this little ADD riddled soul can't survive on only training. Nope. 

So what am I going to do?? 


That's right - it is time for some good old-fashioned hobbies. The kind that exist in the real world, not just on my pinterest boards. 

Here's by list:

1. Re-instate the blog - CHECK! 
2. Sign up for tennis lessons - CHECK! 
3. Find someplace to volunteer 
4. Find a place to take an art class

Anyone have any other suggestions?? 

In the meantime I've also been doing a little research and renovation of my diet. Read: changing what I eat long term, not going on a diet. 

Because everyBODY is a beachBODY
My boyfriend's mom passed this nugget along: The Conscious Cleanse  and let me tell you it has only been a week, but already my body is 100% better. I'd been bloating, stomach achey, crabby and my whole system was not happy. I seriously suggest checking it out. 

Here's my latest conscious recipe: Curry Carrot Soup 


Ingredients: 

8 carrots - peeled and chopped thinly 
1 medium yellow onion - coarsely chopped 
2 tsp Curry Powder (or more...)
3 TBS coconut oil 
5 cups vegetable broth 
salt and pepper to taste 

Directions: 

1. Melt coconut oil in large soup pot. Add curry powder and stir for 2 minutes. 
2. Add carrots and onions, stir to coat. Continue stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes - or until the carrots are tender when poked with a fork (want them very tender!)
4. In small batches puree soup. **I used my blender, 2-3 cups worth at a time. If you have an immersion blender go for it! 
5. Transfer puree back to pot and heat. Skim any "junk" from top as needed. You'll know what I mean when you see it. 
6. Serve and salt/pepper to taste! 



Well, thanks for returning :) 
I'm looking forward to rejoining to blogosphere. 

xoxo Sweat&Sparkle  








No comments:

Post a Comment