Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Are you there [sparkle] God?


It's me, Sparkle Plenty. 


So I was going to go to bed, I swear.

 But by 8pm I was still hungry and went out venturing for a grocery store. The closest shopping center not only had a Wal-Mart, but also a Sam's Club and a K-Mart. Cheyenne, WY sure does love it a big box store. I'm realizing how lucky I am to come from a part of the country that values quality produce. Walking through the grocery section of the store left me really depressed. 

Who really needs this much mayo in their life? 

Supersize Me? 

What does this have to do with sparkles you ask? 

Well, as I headed towards the check-out I remembered how my friend Marlaina always has such good clothing finds at Wal-Mart.

[I thought I'd sneak a peak.]

 This was a dangerous very good idea! Turns out Wal-Mart Juniors section is the Mecca of sparkle t-shirts. 

I was in glitter heaven. 


Five shirts covered in sparkles and glitter. Amaze-balls. 


Obviously the first thing I had to do when I got home was a little sparkle photo-shoot so I could blog the heck out of these babies! 



There is a reason my mom jokingly calls me "Sparkle Plenty" 



At the register I thought "Wow $42 is really expensive for 3 shirts."
 When I got back to the hotel I took the three shirts out of the bag. Then I took out two more.

Whoops.

To be fair I also bought chapstick and the apples... but 5 shirts might have been excessive.



                                                                                    



Found these awesome stairs when navigating the parking lot maze in front of Wal-Mart.
Just a set of stairs to nowhere... reminded me of Sarah Palin's bridge to nowhere! 








                                                                                    




Well now that you know how my day ended, I can try and tell you the interesting bits from before...
Oh wait, there really weren't many. Woke up at 6am and left Meridian, ID by 6:45.



Idaho Sunrise 



 I drove for 10 1/2 hours until I got to Cheyenne, WY.



Portland is getting farther and farther away : ( 



 I stopped once for gas and there was an inspirational quote in the gas station bathroom. 








 Doesn't everyone sing, dance and love in the bathroom?! Haha 

Can't think of much else right now, I know I had more I wanted to post about but I am exhausted and still have a few things to do to prepare for the next leg of the journey. 

Tomorrow takes me to Kansas City, MO.



Sunset in Wyoming 


                                                                                    










Just in case Because I know you wonder what I look like when I blog. 









Wearing my sparkles, eating apples and peanut butter -- oh and the glasses help me be a better, smarter blogger : )
 Its pretty cute right now. 

XOXO - Sparkle Plenty 

No comments:

Post a Comment