Monday, December 3, 2012

It's True...


Except maybe my name and sparklers. 



Getting to combine sparklers and sweat and charity {and beer} is pretty awesome too. 


I had an epiphany driving to Running for Brews last Thursday:

Sweat for Charity, Sparkle for Brews


 I've never planned a charity event before, but I'm having a lot of fun. Mostly because things are working out. Just a few more loose ends to tie up, then I can make the biggest sparkle announcement yet. 

As of right now I have had really positive communication with Sweaty Bands, Run Pretty Far and Charity Miles. They all love the idea of the event and have graciously offered to support it! This means some fun gear to raffle off at the end. 



Oh, what are we doing "during"? I want everyone to participate by downloading the Charity Miles app so that we can earn some money for charity on a run we all showed up to do anyways. Doesn't get much easier than that. 

Thanks to my mom, I discovered SparklersRUs.com. Can you say dangerous? I'm having trouble thinking of a community business to ask to sponsor sparklers. Instead I'm thinking of ordering some and finding a cute way to attach them to something that has my blog on it. That way when they are handed out everyone sees the blog. Maybe I'll hand them out and have people post pictures of themselves using the sparklers with the tag #sweatnsparkle. Hmm... still some work to be done there. 

I have so much studying to do for school, but I'm struggling to stay focused because I'm so friggen excited about this run! The best was getting the e-mail this evening that Charity Miles loves the event and is interested in sending t-shirts. This being my first event, I felt really weird asking people to sponsor/donate merchandise. I feel like there must be some protocol out there that I was not following

Hopefully I can concentrate on finishing up this last week and a half of school... but sparkles are soooo distracting. 












Eeeeeee!!! I love them. If you think this is crazy, don't ever celebrate New Years Eve or the Fourth of July with me. It's out of control. 

Ok, I have more note cards to write, authors to memorize and treatment approaches to figure out. Ugh. Definitely not as cool as sparklers. 

xoxo Sweat&Sparkle



1 comment: