Friday, August 10, 2012

Glitz&Glam



Fashion show? Free wine? Free food? Sigh, I guess we'll be there... 

On Tuesday we were fortunate enough to be invited to a Fall Fashion preview at Neiman Marcus. Of course they were also having a fabulous sale, so with wine glass in hand we each grabbed a few fun dresses and headed back to the dressing room to try them on. 





Obviously I grabbed every sparkling dress I could find. The best was fitted, covered in rhinestones with feathers at the bottom. Even on sale I couldn't afford the dress, but even if I could where would I wear it? The only suitable event I could think of would be a rehearsal dinner... if I was the bride... and since that's not happening... it'll just have to stay a fantasy! 




After trying on some clothes it was time to see what the models had in store for us. The outfits were fun and we had a lot to ooh and aah at. Even better than the fashions strutting by was the DJ off in the corner. The entire time we were at Neiman Marcus this guy was jamming out by his lonesome. We had to compliment him after, and Ashley walked away with his business card -- future wedding DJ perhaps? Next step track down a groom... haha. 

 Since we were already on a roll with the free food and drinks, we thought we might as well head on over to YOLO. Wednesday night is ladies night and according to the website they offer free drinks, appetizers and more. I thought the "and more" was hilarious and couldn't wait to find out what it was! 


Jamming out to Ridin' Solo on our way to YOLO. 

I guess the and more was the opportunity to purchase clothing from a local boutique that had set up a few racks out front. Didn't really mesh with my free evening attitude! We ran into Ashley's boss and spend the evening chatting with her and her girlfriends. I met a woman who lives in Tampa but works in Ft. Lauderdale. She was very friendly, took down my name and number and gave me her card so that I can get in touch if I ever need help in Tampa. 


All in all a great night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment