Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jaw Droppin' Pull-ups


Getting after my pull-ups today. 




Pretty sure our downstairs neighbors hate me. 



I don't exactly drop gently from the bar! Whoops. 

But its fun to work on them. Is it sad that I would rather work on pull-ups than listen to lectures, read or write my report? Who else procrastinates by doing pull-ups?! 

Can I tell you much articles like this one bother me?!


It is especially annoying because despite the sensational title, the article doesn't actually discuss why women "can't" do pull-ups. Rather it demonstrates that many can, and then lists limiting factors for people (read: men and women) who struggle with pull-ups. Why put out such a negative opinion and then not substantiate it?! Do you really want to be this discouraging? Sure it might be harder for women to do pull-ups, and a pull-up might look different for me than for a man, but I can get from full extension below the bar to getting my chin above the bar. As far as I am concerned, that is a pull-up! Maybe it isn't strict (working on it with the jump-scaled pull-ups!) and I might use a kip, but isn't that better than thinking "Oh darn, my two X-chromosomes are going to prevent me from ever figuring this out!" ?!?!?!!!! 



Don't let this rant fool you, I am having such a wonderful day. Woke up early with a smile on my face. Already finished my portion of a report for school, just have some reading to do and a lecture to re-listen to before I can get after a swim/run. It is still so warm out! I actually have some wicked tan lines from my run yesterday -- might try to get some more today! 

Jammed out to these guys in the car this morning. 



Sun out, windows down and happy music - does it get any better?! 

OK time to stop procrastinating and finish my school work. 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

xoxo Sweat&Sparkle 


No comments:

Post a Comment