Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweat for Charity



I have an idea I am super excited to share with you all tonight! 

When I got home from our GLOW stick run last night I saw a friend had updated her fb status: 


How did I not know about this?! 

Charity Miles is an app any iPhone or Android users can download so that you can earn real money for charities with every run, walk or bike ride you do! For free! Simply download the app and you are ready to put your work outs to work for some deserving charities. 


There are several different charity options to choose from, and you make the choice at the start of every run. I love that you aren't committed to one charity, but can mix it up! Bikers earn 10 cents for every mile while runners and walkers earn 25 cents. Every smart phone using athlete needs to start using this app. Think of all the money we could raise. 

That being said, I want to see how much money I can raise training for my half iron man.

Official training doesn't start until the Monday after Thanksgiving, but you better believe I'll be racking up the donations before then. Over the next week and a half I want to see what kind of $$$ I'm averaging so that I can set a goal. Who wants to join me? I'll be racing in Puerto Rico on March 16th, and officially training and logging donations for 16 weeks. Anyone want to compete to see who gets the most $ for charity? E-mail me and we can discuss wagers! 
(I'm thinking loser buys the other a headband/lunch/adult beverage...) 


I'm excited to get after my random act of kindess for the night at run club. Going to get 75 cents racked up for the charity of my choosing.

Do something good for someone else tonight, 
xoxo Sweat&Sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment