Thursday, November 29, 2012

Stop Wishing, Start Planning


I've been joking for awhile about entering events without training. It is true I have entered several events at the last minute, without intentionally training, but I have had faith in the base I have created over the last year to know that I had enough fitness to do the events. 


Now that the Puerto Rico 70.3 is approaching, I can't just rely on having enough residual fitness from my other endeavors. It's time to get serious about this goal and my training. 

Yesterday was Day 2 of a 16 week Training Program:

Swim 
800 yards w/ 8x25 yard sprints (rest interval, 20 sec) 

Run 
4 miles moderate  + 2 x 10 sec hill sprints 

Guess which part is going to be hard to fit in in Florida?! Yep hills are few and far between. So yesterday I hopped in the pool at the Y and hammered out those 800 meters real fast. 

Doesn't get much better than this. 


First Swim Done! 

Then I did the "hills" on the treadmill before heading out for run club. 


I was really surprised to see this time when I finished. My calves are dying. Those hills Sunday really took their toll. Might be time to invest in a foam roller/tiger tail. Also need to figure out a way to track the Charity Miles I earn on the blog. Last night was the first run/bike I tracked for training, so I'm starting out with a whopping 77 cents! Gotta start somewhere!


Got to run club early last night so that we could film a clip for a commercial the Best Damn Race is putting together. 



Glad they didn't see this picture ahead of time. I'm still not convinced I am "talent/model" material. All we had to say is "We're running for Beer." About 7 takes and several prop beers later we finally had it. 



This smarty consolidated a few "prop" beers from the shoot and had the owner throw it in the cooler for her while she ran. I impress myself sometimes

After a week at home, it just felt right to be back at run club. I realized last night how lucky I am to have all these wonderful people in my life. I always leave with a smile on my face and some extra pep in my step. I don't know what I would do without them! 

                                                                                                 

A friend I made last year in Portland announced that she is running an impromptu 5k this weekend and I told her I'd send her my playlist from Sunday's half-marathon. Which got me to thinking, why not just share it on the blog?! I made it very last minute the night before, so please, no judgements (or just keep them to yourself!). 

Ace of Base - I Saw the Sign 
Brooks & Dunn - Ain't Nothing 'Bout You 
Akon - Beautiful 
Chris Brown - Beautiful People 
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean 
St. Lucia - Closer Than This 
Con Bro Chill - Come to My Party 
David Guetta - Memories 
Jason Aldean - Dirt Road Anthem 
Amy Winehouse - F*** Me Pumps 
Dorrough - Get Big 
Girl Talk - Give and Go 
Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo - Give Me Everything 
Bruno Mars - Grenade 
Pitbull - Hey Baby 
The Band Perry - Hip to My Heart 
Katy Perry - Hot n Cold
Bone Thugs and Harmony - I Try So Hard 
Backstreet Boys - I Want it That Way 
Alabama - I'm In a Hurry  
Aerosmith - Janie's Got  a Gun
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
Blake Shelton - Nobody But Me 
David guetta - On the Dance Floor 
Con Bro Chill - Partied Out 
Con Bro Chill - Power Happy 
Amy Winehouse - Rehab 
Jason Derulo - Riding Solo 
Adele - Rumor Has It 
Pitbull - Shut It Down 
KT Tunsall - Suddenly I See 
Girl Talk - That's My DJ 
Backstreet Boys - Weird World 
Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say

Gotta go enjoy the sunshine now! Got a 40 minute bike ride and a few meetings on the docket today before heading out to run club (pretty excited to get to go on a Thursday!!). 

Have a good one, 
xoxo Sweat&Sparkle 

What do you listen to when you run? Are you training for anything, if so, what? Have you ever been in a commercial? 

Often I don't liten to anything, but when I do it looks a lot like the list above! Puerto Rico 70.3 baby!!! Never, but when this one comes out you all will be the first to know 
: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment